Small Operation Looking for second Zero Turn Help!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by BandBLawncare, Apr 4, 2012.

1. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I cut about 15-20 lawns a week with my z225 looking to go a little bigger without going the commercial route. Thinking about the Snapper z400 anyone use this before? Thanks for the help guys!

2. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Tough call I never used the z400 but snapper does make a really sound mower. I try to put up a nice used one each year for back ups in case my good ones go down and I always look for a snapper when doing that.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

why would you not go the commercial route?

4. BandBLawncare

from Ohio

4/5 grand is more in my price range

5. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

You can get a really nice used commercial mower for that price. Even if it is a few years old it is still a commercial machine that has a long life. Anything is better than a home maker mower. Looks on your local calssifieds or ask around at dealerships.

6. BandBLawncare

from Ohio

Not having much luck in that range locally, thanks everyone for the replies.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

For five grand you can get yourself a decent hydro walk behind. The thing to consider is the type of lawns your cutting. If your doing residential with slopes and areas that are convex or concave a 36 WB is a great way to go. Zero turns are horrible on moderately sloped areas. Plus if you need to get in backyards a 36 is as big as you want to go.

I have WB's and the Scag V-Ride but if I had to chose only one mower to cut everything it would be a hydro 36. No zero turn or stand up mower can come close to being as versatile for all types of terrain. Plus stand on and zero turns weigh hundreds more pounds and rutting can become a problem.

8. Kleen Cut

Kleen Cut LawnSite Member

I Have a 52 inch ferris zero turn if your interested

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

you could get something like a hustler fast trak super duty for 5/6 grand. it's semi-commercial and would last longer for you.

10. BandBLawncare

from Ohio

thinking about the deere z645