1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Small Operation Looking for second Zero Turn Help!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by BandBLawncare, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

15-25 lawns a week? Why do you need a second one for that many? What size are the properties on average. Would it be more cost effective to use 2 or 3 walk behinds? If its large open areas would it be a better idea to sell the zero turn you have and get one larger one?
  2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Why drop 4-5k to buy homeowners mower? Clearly a commercial walk behind will out last those throw away budget brands..
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Wish you were closer, there are 4 grasshopper 722Ds, and one 322D all 2009's here locally for $5500 to $6300 each... You might want a road trip, they are on ebay and dallas craigslist....
  4. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

GASP Those prices are rediculous...Id pay...$3500 tops for up to a 72" why? because there out there....so you have a polished up pos. truth is I can replace or rebuild anything on those mowers. and with the lower cost I can get two of them for when one breaks.....does it blow cold air on the back of your neck as you mow? or hydrate your with cold beer? Then why pay more...hell you as the owner probably will just hire someone else to use it anyways...nothing wrong with that tho. I just dont understand why someone would make that as a business decision. Anyone?