1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Small Operation Upstate

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ny scaper, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

Hey all, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join in the fun. Many of you guys do some unbelieveable work. I worked for landscaper (lawn maintenance, cleanups, pruning mainly) summers and breaks during college from 2000-2004 and learned alot during that time. When I graduated, I wanted to continue in the field so I purchased a 21'' Honda and acquired my first client in 2005. She's still with me today and I slowly (by choice) have built to a humble 8 full service accounts other than fertilizer. I have three little ones under 3 (I'm not crazy, I have twins) that keep me busy along with my full time job. I love the work, but have many bills so I have slowly purchased a new piece of equipment every year to build the aresenal and now own the 21'' Honda, 33'' Cub Cadet (new this year - regardless of opinions, it works for me as I cant afford a Commercial and I am OCD about keeping my stuff clean), a FS55r trimmer, HS45 Hedge trimmers and all the other hand tools. I have an electric blower and am looking to get a Echo BP500 after July's pruning is complete. I do professional work and get paid for it. No lowballing here. I've never lost a customer due to unhappiness which I am proud of. I have done a few small patio and tree removal jobs, nothing crazy. Just wanted to say hello from Upstate!!

2. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

I forgot to add I have a 12' single axle trailer for hauling mulch, stone, etc. that I would love to convert to a tandem down the road.

3. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite from across the country.:usflag:

4. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome man, the cub mower is not a bad mower thats what I used last year primarily!