small operations transport

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Mar 15, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

www.xtralift.com
    i posted the manufacture of this product a while back but here it is again it would be perfect for a crew of one or two guys. it could easily lift a wb and some small hand equipment:cool:

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

if i only had a walkbehind, i would save myself 3 thousand dollars and buy a set of ramps:rolleyes:

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

WHY? I would rather have a trailer!!

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

while it seems like a great idea in theory i don't think theres much practical use for it.

I've got to agree with jajwrigh here. i know plenty of guys that setup and break down 2 planks on every yard so they don't have to trailer. I'd rather pull a trailer all day than worry about the planks slipping off the truck or the machine off the planks.

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

$4k is alot for that thing, as Ill take a tandom axel trailer over that any day!

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

No matter what one thinks of the cost, I must say that's about the COOLEST thing I've ever seen! You'd probably get the money back just from new customers who want to see it work every week!

:rolleyes:

7. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

that's very cute.

8. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 7x14' trailer, tandem axle, undercoated, treated plywood floor and wall, double dome light/wall switch, extra ceiling height, 4 wheel elect. brakes, 36" side door, spring-assisted rear ramp door, and all with a 5 yr warranty for $3,995! Though I'll admit that is cool, I can't see it being more effecient than this trailer that will serve to protect, store, and transport my equipment, not to mention the advertising benefits. Good thought, though.

9. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

7x14's kinda small ain't it? what do you carry in there, a couple of weedwhackers?

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Cleatus, he uses the trailer to carry his money, he cuts the grass with a lazer beam.