small project

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mark B, May 31, 2011.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a small project I just completed. The picture is not great, but you get the idea. This is the first time I have installed some lights where I did.

I installed 3 lights on the gutter to lite up the stamped concrete with 10 watt frosted lens.

lighting job.jpg

2. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I like the gutter strategy for dealing with the concrete ground. Are the path lights fed by a cable in the downspouts?

3. Mark B

No the path lights are feed from under the deck. That was the first time for me doing the gutter mounts, I am not super crazy about it, but i think it turned out good..
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. waterbrook

waterbrook LawnSite Member

What fixtures & mounts did you use on your gutters and are you happy with the fixtures?

5. Mark B

I used the unique gutter mounts. I had tho use black zip ties to secure the beakers, cause they blended in really nice. The holes on the brackets are big some silver washers would have stood out. As far as the fixture I used a clarolux Florence ( they are 30 minutes from my house) . It turned out better then I thought they would. I used a 10 watt bulb in them. For what I had to light up it work out great.

At first I ordered some kichler fixtures, they were not really white. But the kicker was the bracket is some type of rubbed brass, so I had 3 different finishes going on I was not going that route.

Sours I am happy with it.the HO loves it. That was my first time ever doing that. It will open a new avenue for me..
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. waterbrook

Thanks Sleepyhead. First I've seen of Clarolux. Pretty nice to have them in your back yard, so to speak. It's a shame they don't have that fixture in white against the white gutters. I've got a similar project... shooting down from white gutters. So I'm looking to mount either under the gutter or in the gutter and hang over like you've done. I really don't want to penetrate the structure.

7. Mark B

I liked the look of doing it like I did. I would think that some of the others have done something like this. Maybe they will chime in.

I think it is time for a name change. Mark

8. waterbrook

Just learned that the HO is planning to install Gutter Helmets, so the Unique gutter mount looks to be off the drawing board. Will have to mount underneath the eave, which is also white.

9. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering about that the other day --- what to do for gutter mounts if the gutters are covered. Has anyone used a regular gutter mount on covered gutters?

10. Mark B

The gutter/leave gaurds have a tiny opening along the edge correct? I am mounted mine on the outter lip of the gutter. In mmy case it would not matter if they had gutter gaurds or not. But I am no expert at all.