small project

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by markam70, Aug 2, 2012.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Pavers do look cheap , so does srw block

2. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Again, what makes them look "cheap"?

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with scag, from an architectural standpoint it just looks too busy.

I can't think of his user name, but there is an active member here who focuses on keeping it simple. His designs / work is some of the best I've seen.

The craftsmanship looks good though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I need to see it in person but from the picture it looks like a pair of tits hanging out of the garage
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

but i do realise thats possibly not a fair statement
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I agree with the cheap paver look. Its partly the actual paver pattern as well as the rounded edges to me that make them look cheap.

I like the layout, we do things similar to this all the time. I am not a fan of the inset colors by the garage but over all pretty good.

7. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

What does the customer think? Thats the most important thing. We have done jobs before that I haven't liked the aesthetics, but the customer was ecstatic. The money is still green.

8. DVS Hardscaper

Yup. My favorite Internet line - (spoken in a Barney rubble voice) "well the customer loves it".

Of freakin course they do. Their are of expertise is in something no where near architecture and design.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DVS Hardscaper

Yup. My favorite Internet line - (spoken in a Barney rubble voice) "well the customer loves it".

Of freakin course they do. Their area of expertise is in something no where near architecture and design.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

The customer has the final say in the design since it IS there property and they love it. I'm not sold on it but the craftsmanship is in my control and I am pleased with that. Perhaps a different angle would give a better perspective and appeal.
    As for the "cheap" pavers, they are Nicolock. Again, not my first choice but they picked them.
    Thanks for the comments
    Posted via Mobile Device