small project

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by markam70, Aug 2, 2012.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

As professionals it's our duty to educate and guide. We have some jobs where we did the clients horrible design. And I have some folks where I've said "no way no how, call someone else"
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I agree completely, however, with the economy the way it is, this was a GOOD paying job and its hard to turn those away even if you don't completely agree with some elements of the design.
    I have followed this forum for some time and I value your comments along with a few others. Thanks for actually taking the time to explain rather than offering a one line comment such as "pavers look cheap"
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can't tell that those pavers look cheap you have been living under a rock, I have not used a paver like those in over 10 years, I typically use UNILOCK who has a similar paver and they are bottom of the barrel. Like I said earlier you had a good idea it just wasn't executed very well. Sorry I didn't respond fast enough for you, I've been busy running a business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Dude calm down. I wasn't referring to you. Go take your meds and go run your business and have a nice day
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. scagrider22

I'm very calm but how could you not have been talking to me... I'm the one that said the pavers look cheap!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

You actually offered some explanation. Someone else posted the one-liner.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DVS Hardscaper

We install alotta Nicolock.

They have all the same pavers as the other companIes. There are only 2 mold manufacturers, 1 in Germany 1 in Md.

I'm on my phone, can't see the pic, what pavers are they?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. scagrider22

They look like Colonial Cobble. Im sure the pavers will hold up well so I guess maybe the term cheap wasn't what I meant as you can now buy similar looking pavers at Home Depot, I should have used the term "outdated".

9. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Nicolock Rustico
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DVS Hardscaper

That's a commonly used paver 'round here
    Posted via Mobile Device