Small project

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by leadarrows, Jun 8, 2003.

1. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I put this together for a client in December of last year he bought an old car he wanted put inside so he need to put his boat some where. I know its not very dramatic but you have to start some where. I thought it turned out ok. If you see something I should do different next time I'm all ears.... err well eyes in this case.LOL

landscaping projects 1.jpg

2. leadarrows

from N/A

One more.

landscaping projects  2.jpg

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Looks good to me. If the customer is happy with the results then its a job well done.

4. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you asked...

For purely aesthetic reasons, I would like to see some visual separation between the house and the gravel along the back of the house to break the industrial look. It could be a narrow bed with a trellis if room is an issue. Not only as separation, but some vegetation to soften the house and dress it up. If there was enough room, and obviously in this case there is not, It would be nicer to have a foundation planting separate it to finish off the landscape and transition the house to it.

As it is, the back corner of that house has an unlandscaped look when viewed from the rest of the back yard. Again, I am not criticising your work, but making a suggestion on what might be done in ideal circumstances ... plenty of room, willing client, ....

5. leadarrows

from N/A

AGLA For a different client your ideas would be good but this is a single guy that could care less about flowers and such. He even had me haul off his grandmothers bird bath and pull out some nice bushes. They love there new home with the wife and I. LOL
    I really do love getting paid to do work that involves bringing home goodies that make the wife smile.:D

I think my biggest mistake was not running the gutter drain under the gravel and exit that wall so that down spout would not have to be in the way.

6. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you did a nice job,i like it.Would you mind sharing your cost and what you charged the customer?

7. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the siding on that house really look that way or is it something that the camera is doing? I noticed on another thread you started that the siding looked the same. I've never seen anything like that.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

its just the digital camera making it look like that.

9. leadarrows

from N/A

ZX12R Ill have too look it up.Check later.

As for the wavy siding.
    I think its because I usually post pictures with the camera set in VGA which will post with out resizing. I had the camera set to take these pictures at 3M and had to resize them. I needed the better pictures for working with some land scape designs.

10. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Good Job! AGLA has some good suggestions but none the less you did a great job.