Small question!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ok4me2xlr8, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

I have a small question I plugged a yard about a week ago and seeded. It has not rained here all summer and it rained pretty good yesterday and what i was wondering if it would be ok if I plugged it again with the seed already on the yard without harming it.

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

What is the purpose?

3. ok4me2xlr8

plug was not as deep as i would like it to be.

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

Aerating after seeding may not be a problem. If the area is damp, a good bit of seed could stick to the aerator wheels, or weight roller ( depending on the machine) and somewhat mess up your seed coverage. If it were my lawn and I decided to aerate again, I'd probably spread a little more seed on it.
    I'm in Charlotte, not too far from Shelby, and with the current drought, water restrictions, and a prediction of a dry winter, I doubt that we'll be aerating and seeding anything this Fall. I bought a new Z-plugger to make things easier this year, so my $$$ is just sitting in the garage gathering dust.:cry: :cry: :cry:

5. ok4me2xlr8

I know how that goes with the new equipment. Thank you for the reply I did exactly what you stated. I do not know what your water restrictions are but I am still seeding I planted a fescue lawn the other week and it is growing fine. My new favorite seed is lesco tri gold!!!

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

No lawns can be watered, only drip or hand watering on shrubbery, no car washing. If you look at the local lakes water level, you'd only flush for solids.