Small space

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sheshovel, Jan 12, 2006.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Ok here's a very small space.Don't blame the tree or the rock around it on me,the hmowners did that...yuk!I did the rest

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, could definitely lose the rock perimeter, but as long as the customer was pleased.

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way you set your rocks. They don't look thrown in or sitting on top. It is not as easy to set them so that they look rested, yet not tipped over. You obviously took care in placing them.

4. sheshovel

yes I did,read a good book on rock placement..there is alot more to it than you would think.It is called
    Natural Stonescapes ,The art and craft of Stone Placement,by Richard L. Dube,ALPD and Fredrick C. Campbell..really good book.The lg one is about
    2&1/2' deep

5. sheshovel

Customer wanted me to do the whole space in that rock...luckly I convinced them it was too expensive.They also wanted that Mariposite rubble along the topside because there is a drain there and the lady liked that rock so had me put it all along

6. sheshovel

It's not great but a quick $7000.00 job for me 4 days work,labor only that amnt..not bad in my book
    And I did NOT build that perimeter wall either

7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like an excellent way to spend time in January to me :)

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would agree. Sounds like some good money.

But I do agree, what a small space

9. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

7 grand??? And you didnt even put that wall up, it was already there?

Talk about easy money! Good work :)

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

that little are would have made for a nice water feature even....I agree.. good use on the large rocks...