small system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NAT, Aug 7, 2005.

1. NAT

NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

I have a small system to install in yard i put in 2 years back.it will be all fix spray and drip in beds,its a small house and the hook up will be to city water . I'm going with hunter or rainbird which is jdlandscpe products.which one would you go with ?this is my first system and looks like 3zones, .is there a fix spray that waters better than others,i have some mowing accounts that have toro fix sprays ,which are done by the same guy.thats anther story!but they don,t seem to water heavy enough.thanks for reading any help would be helpful.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm partial to the rainbird 1800 (1804's to be precise) series of sprays. They are very reliable, cheap, and have a good variety of nozzles.

Other people will tell you to go with the Hunter brand, but thats my take.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer Hunter to Rainbird anyday.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What failures in the 1800's have you encountered, to prefer Hunter over them? Any special conditions, like water supply?

5. Luke in Nebraska

Luke in Nebraska LawnSite Member

I like the toro 570z. The male threads on the nozzles much easier for service. I can change them without turning the water off, if there isn't too much pressure.

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto...what Jon said

7. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

If you decide to use 1804's or pro-sprays consider using Rain Bird U series nozzles I think you will be happy with the performance.