Small Tree and shrubs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fairways, Mar 31, 2005.

1. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

I am new with estimating the removal and replacement of small trees and shrubs, could someone give me a good idea on how to bid for such, thank you once again!

2. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

3. urbanlandscape

urbanlandscape LawnSite Member

My base rate for shrub removal is $25 each, depending on access. If I can, I use a tow strap hooked to my trucks hitch to pull them out. I don't have a bobcat, so it's the most efficient way to rip 'em out. You'd be surprised how long it takes to dig out a 25 year old juniper!

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on what your removing,how many,how big,and how easy they are to get to.Also depends on if you are loading and hauling away the debri.

Some jobs I have done the people say "Oh just throw it on the burn pile"and the burn pile is on top of a hill far far away.Or down in a gulley you have to climb back up a few times. You need to figure out all those things then give them a flexible estimate.
    Like " Well I'm not quite sure how difficult they will be to remove so the labor won't be less than...
    and wont be higher than...."You can't try to put a base price on such things
    other than your regular hourly charge,
    because every job is different.
    It's not like priceing out lawncare.There are just too many variables involved.

5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

LOL I have a 9k winch on my durango that usually pops anything under 5" out with ease, sometimes I have to find a telephone pole or tree to chain up to so that I dont pull the 5k# durango across the lawn, LOL