1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Small Walk Behind Mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tinmansoccer11, Mar 23, 2005.

1. tinmansoccer11

tinmansoccer11 LawnSite Member

What's the best kind of small walk behind mower to buy? I'm talking just a 21" or so for those tight places you need to trim. I had a 21" Yard man...best mower I've ever owned and I put it through hell. Not a big fan of the Briggs and Stratton although this one did me well. What's your opinion? I have a gravely 36", so I won't be using the 21" much.

2. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

The Honda Commercial mower is the best I've found. (the hrc 216..I think) It's spendy but worth it.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if your not going to be using it to much, I would get a toro super recycler. if it's going to be used a lot. I would get the new honda hrc 217. or a hrc 216.

4. tinmansoccer11

tinmansoccer11 LawnSite Member

Yeah, the Hondas are what I've been leaning towards. They are a little costly, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. I wanted something with a Kawasaki engine on it, but I believe they're more on the bigger mowers. Thanks for the help.