small wall pricing?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by slicksilverado01, Jun 29, 2006.

1. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have a basic retaining wall that is 36 SSF that is 3x12 I am going to be using 12" versa-loc the wall goes down hill a bit so I am going to be stepping it. from what I should charge I came up with a total of $860 plus tax. does this price sound reasonable? I will be turning in a quote tomorrow.

btw this is my first paying retaining wall job. I have done a bit for my grandmother and my house. so I am basicly a newb at this.

thanks

slick

2. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

well I guess I will be turning in the quote. I am not afraid of it being to low but actually too high?

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I charge $20-$28 a sq ft depending on excavation and wall block I'll be using

4. slicksilverado01

from Ohio

ok so my price isnt too far off. they already have the brick so I think I am right on the money.

thanks

slick

5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with a 1,200.00 min. Small walls you cant go by sq' You might have 3-4 hours cleaning up your mess, hauling away excess gravel, power washing driveway, etc. These little things can bite you in the ass time wise real quick.
    Mike

6. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

Be careful putting SF $ to walls. Many factors come into play here such as: travel distance to the job, equipment to excavate, cleanup time, what if the customer is short 2 or 3 blocks, who pays for the extra time......

Figure your time, materials, equipment and add $$ for overhead & profit even if you are a solo operator!!!!!