small yard-small bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fivestarlawnken, Mar 20, 2001.

1. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

today i put bids on two small "postage stamp" size yards each about 15-20 min. push mowing about 10 min weed-eating blowing etc. i prices them at 20.00 a piece is that too much
    or too little? (both are nearby to me and my daughters babysitter and my grandmother which i take care of her yard also) thanks for any help!!!!!
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

No offence intended .But when i see some ask
    if I charged correctly it makes me wonder.
    Who but you knows what it cost you to operate,
    what profit you expect etc.Many other variables
    with each LCO.just buisiness . good luck
  3. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

They sound ok if they are small. Some people are just not willing to pay for small lawns.

4. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I personally don't charge less than $20.00 on anything even if it's just one swipe of the mower. Driving time loading and undloading cost time and money.

5. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

20 minutes of cutting...
    10 minutes of trimming and cleanup...
    Close to home...

30 minutes + $20 = $40/hour...

Not to bad in my opinion.

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I work solo on mowing. Most properties are 0.5 to 0.75 acre. But, I do have one small job, about 6K sq ft. I mow with LB sp, bagging, trim, blow sidewalk, driveway. I get $25. Time: 0:35 to 0:40. I feel I'm a bit low - should be $30. The job is near two other $40 jobs; I would never drive to the $25 job itself.

[Edited by Roger on 03-21-2001 at 03:32 PM]
  7. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Fivestar... What is the square footage?
  8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few like this. If you can get them together they are great money for little work and time. I like them--you have to be more detail oriented since the entire property is visible at once (there is no corner way out back that is not visible).
  9. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

It is not too much...I have a few I do for that. But I try to get more...
  10. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I would say that sound like a good price.I make most of my money on small jobs.My 36'' hydro makes short work of short jobs.It will do a lawn 2-3 times faster that a push mower.If anyone has alot of small jobs I highly suggest a 36-32'' hydro walk-behind.