1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Small ZTR vs Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pugs, Aug 16, 2006.

1. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I see alot of talk about the small 34-36" ZTRs...but what about the 32 and 36" Wright Standers?

I was just curious why I never see them suggested as an alternative...
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have owned a great dane and a gravely 34z. The differnece is too much to imagine. Would you rather sit or stand when your hot and tired? What would you rather hook a chain to and pull out a dead shrub or another stuck mower? How many people dont like the small riders? Ha ha ha!!! The last one was a trick question. How many people who own a small rider dont like it? Better yet, how many who have one dont love it?
  3. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

I would take a 32 Stander over an gravely 34.
  4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

gravely for me.
  5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Stander hands down!!
  6. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

stander has worked for me also takes up less space in trailer
  7. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with a Small ZTR before I bought a Stander...
    Even though those standers are neat!
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Very good point and the Wright Sentar Sport has a seat, a starter, rapid height adjustment. If you have customers that may be sensitive to having large machines on the property this is an alternative. I believe this unit is going to a big winner. We have had ours for about 5 months and like it a lot compared to Snapper and Scag Hydro WB machines that we used previously. We have the twin cyclinder 17hp Kaw which is plenty of power. It works well on hills since you can step off or lean from a standing position. This unit will cost more than Gravely.
  9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, I only mentioned the standers since you can get them closer to the prices of a 34-36 ZTR. The Sentar Sport is another small option. I have a 36" one of those sitting here that I have not taken out of the crate yet.
  10. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Pugs, where is your shop located? I have a cousin that lives in Minooka, and is looking for a dealer?