Small ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FordManKubotaDreamer, Nov 13, 2005.

1. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of you know a good ZTR that has like a 30" deck.
    (30 - 36 will work) I haven't really researched it yet. I was in a fenced in back yard today that got me thinking. Any brand, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks :waving:
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

GO GRAVELY W00T W00T W00T! Sounds like you want a gravely 34z. Nice compact solid mower.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag makes a 36 ztr called the Z-Cat. We have two Tiger Cubs and Scag makes good equipment.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark is coming out with a 34 next year, encore has one so does dixie chopper, and Gravely. They are worth so much in time and fatigue savings. You would not beleive the difference they make without using one for a while. Some people who havent used one will tell you what a waste it is, but find me someone who has one and doesnt love it. You cant. Here is mine.

April 2005 lawns 212.jpg
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I love my 44z, a little bigger than you are looking for but it has proven the gravely name to me. Stay away from encore equipment; they are true chunks of $hit
  6. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Stander, any day.
  7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure about that statement about encore. Here they are very respected and trouble free. I know I have a partner who uses one very hard with some other machines and has no issues with the machine. I also have a friend who sold a 36" walk and bought a z34 encore and loves it. I have demoed several brands and I feel all of them are good it just boiles down to preferrence and support!
  8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I need the same thing. I am seriously looking at the Wright Stander. As small as a 32" or 36" deck.
  9. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

The eXmark Phazer comes in a 34 and a 44 and is on their website now, so I assume that it is available now or will be shortly, (first of the year).
  10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

exmark phazer check there site