Smaller Signature Lines

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by vipermanz, Jun 21, 2004.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Aren't members supposed to keep signatures under 4 lines??, It gets old quick having to see everybody's equipment down to the last trimmer on each thread..

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Yea, 4 lines or less is proper netiquette .... but, its hard to enforce. That's one of the reasons I made it so each members signature only shows up once per thread page.

You can also select not to see sig's in your profile ... but, you already knew that. :)

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i didn't not want to see them, it was that some are so long..

4. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Just curious as to why this bothers you so much. Is there someone making you read them?

Seems to me you should just skip over them instead of running to Mommy (no offense, Chuck.)

5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

If several people reply more than once to a thread and they all have long signature lines it just becomes annoying, especially if the signature line is longer than the reply! ; )

Personally, I've got the avatars and the signature lines both turned off. I just want to read the discussions and contribute where I can, the other stuff doesn't add any value for me.

6. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

A members signature only shows up once per thread page. This helps a little...