Smaller WB's - like a 33" or so.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Was in my local dealer the other day (picking up a new 60" Hustler Super Z) ... and noticed he had a small 33" WB there that had the name of Stealth on it. He actually recommended that I did not consider it for a small mower. He actually said he carries a good 21" that would do me fine for the very limited use I have for one that would run me something like $350.

The more I think about it ... the more I like the idea of something up around the 33" size deck. You could still use it anywhere you would use your 21" ... but would actually have a larger deck.

I did a little research on the Stealth's last night, and for the most part I read good reviews, though some talked about how you had to man-handle them to turn them.

Anyone ever use a mower in the 33" size range ... and how did you like the one you used? Any suggestions on other manufacturers of mowers in this size range? Nothing too expensive, as it wouldn't be used all that much ... but more then I would use a 21".

I just feel that would be the perfect match for my 48" WB.

Ideas ... Suggestions ... Comments

Here's the website for the Stealth mower - www.sutechusa.com

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have some 32" units but they now sit in the shed.....we use 21" and 36" and 48". Can't really use the 32 or 36 on small media areas or on steep hills and the 36" goes thru all gated areas.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Haha, the Stealth, what a pile. I was talking to my local dealer yesterday about Wright, I completely forgot they produce a 32" stander. How awesome would that thing be?!

4. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I have a suetech stealth 33'' and it seems to work out for me. I will say that the quality of cut isnt as good as my bobcat 48". I have quite a few tiny fenced in yards that the 33" is the biggest mower I can fit. Try to buy one used from a homeowner instead of buying it new and get it with the KAWI engine, which vibrates less and is quieter than the Briggs.

5. mitw44

mitw44 LawnSite Member

I have a gravely 32" walk behind. It's not advertised, you have to ask your Gravely dealer about it. Mows great, and built like a tank.

6. mmonte31

mmonte31 LawnSite Member

Don't go anywhere near the Stealth. I used one while I was starting up. The cut is terrible and the thing is made like a piece of tin. The best move I ever made was buying a Scag. Stick with a 36", It is not worth mowing the 1 or 2 houses where the mower might be too big.