Smart controllers that adjust by days, not run time

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Better go empty your rain gauges cause it looks like you are gonna get dumped on lickety split.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

power is flickering, wind blowing, rain is on its way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Nice "little" storm tracking in just north of Redding :dizzy:

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I got my rope handy so I can fish you out of the river as you wash out to sea. :)

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You don't worry about me Chief. I am the reason the sherrif closes the river during storms. I got in plenty of trouble for kayaking during the floods of the early to mid 90's.

The river hasn't risen much yet but i am sure we will do our duty and send all the water we can south.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

previius to 2008, it was the wild west here....little conservation etc...basicslly folks think that as long as some sort of delivery device gets the plant material wet, that is a proper functioning system. Also, little clue by many about overlapping coverage or uniform distribution. Some guys still don't get it, mixing rotors and sprays etc.

Shoot, my problem is that I'm notta very patient salesmsn and cant get enough techs that i trust to do all the mods which need to be done. The mentioned hoa has like 5 estimates we presented and show little interest in spending the cash....i don't waste my time further when i get little resonse...

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I wish I could deal with properly designed systems exclusively.

You boys in Cali just blow smoke.

8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't you know? That's all that California is anymore... just smoke and mirrors and Hollywood magic! :hammerhead:

9. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

The song and dance routine to convince them to fix wears on me a little....heck, i couldnt even convice a good friend to put in an efficient system...he went cheap! Sad, on an expensive house too....

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

payup

Close as I could get to a handout smiley. :laugh: