Smartest purchace so far...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I went with the mountian kodiak, it has the 25hp Kohler. Since I'm bagging most all the time with it and that blower robs a lot of power I wanted more than enough power. The 20 would be fine for just discharging though.

2. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

if that electrical problem keeps acting up. I'm not familiar with the big Kohlers but other engines have a diode in the charging system that might go bad. Could be discharging through the alternator windings?

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Hummmm, I will have to remember that... I need to call my dealer again tomorrow and let him know of the problem. What sucks is that I was just there this morning having a different catcher put on it. They aren't close to home, about 20 miles away and several gallons of precious fuel!

Seems like just about everything new is going to have at least one or two little things go wrong with it right at first... I now know WHY i had a set of jumper cables in my tool box for the last couple years though! Man did those ever come in handy!

4. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

I do hate that driving:cry: We live in an area pretty far removed from any commercial oriented dealers but our Dixon guy is only about six miles away and very helpful. Good luck with your problem:)