smartpnone/pda

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lee's lawn service, May 15, 2008.

1. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

do any of you guys use a smartphone i just added a new line and got a blackberry curve 8310 what do yall think did i make a good choice are should i have got another one im with at&t i was looking at the blackjack,moto q, blackberry,and the blackberry curve they told me that the blackberry handsdown but there not in landscaping can u tell me what are your thoughts on this matter thanks.

2. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

I use a t-moblie wing. It is awesome. I have all my contracts, property inspection reports, spread sheets, contacts, calander,photos and notes in there. It is like my left brain. I have a wireless printer in my truck and can print out anything foe anybody at anytime. I even have a lot of landscape info in there, so if I am talking with a customer and they want to know about drought tolerant plants for Georgia, I can print out the info on the spot. If you know how to use it you can benefit from it in a lot of different ways. Just make sure you sync it to your computer often. I have been using one for about 5 years when it was called a pocket pc and have lost/broken/had stolen a lot of times. The only bad thing is when you are used to having it and don't have it for a few days until it is replaced.

3. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

How do you print from the pda smartphone to the wireless printer? I have the Moto Q smartphone with Bluetooth and a HP port printer with Bluetooth and they won't communicate when I want to send a word or excel doc from the pda to the printer. Verizon, HP and Motorola have all said it's not possible yet.

What programs are you using on your phone that allow it to bluetooth with a wireless printer?

4. Trenchblade

I have a canon i80 mobile printer and i use a program called printboy to print on any printer with my pda

5. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

i have a smartphone, but its mainly for contact #s and texting with my office manager.
    I also have a PDA that I use for keeping notes, memos, scheduling, and there's a program on there for a work log. I love it.

Unfortunately my PDA is on its way out. I can't calibrate the screen anymore--been dropped one too many times...

6. lee's lawn service

hmmmm so i guess i got the wrong phone

7. lee's lawn service

ok well i must have got the wrong phone

8. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

NAW - come on - I know there is software for your phone that will help you do what you want... Is it a Microsoft Windows platform WM6?

9. lee's lawn service

no its not windows it has its own web

10. Trenchblade

If its a smartphone and has word and excell it has to be windows mobile 6