Smile Or We Wont Fix Your Brand New Truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by supercuts, Mar 14, 2008.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

my local ford dealer....wont fix my brand new truck??? sorry for the length.

quick background. i had 2 friends that worked there. got to know many of the techs. I had put a 6" suspension lift in my wifes silverado. my local ford dealer said they would do the front end allingment because they just got the best $150K allingment machine. i said ok, but there was a catch. since it had a lift, they said it would be harder and would charge my there hourly rate for however long it took. nearly $400 later and numerous trys to get it to drive straight i got mad and took it to a local garage. $80 and only a half hour later, it drove perfect. guess that $150K machine wasnt all it was cracked up to be. stopped going several years ago when this happened.

this past 30 days. i figured its been several years and i'd give them a 2nd chance. took both 2000's (f350/f550) to my local dealer for the cam sensor recall. they were supposed to do one between 8am and noon, then id drop off the other truck, and pick up the first... this way dont need to keep getting rides down. get down there at noon, cant do the 2nd, have drive home, get a ride back down, pick up first truck, have to bring 2nd truck another day. thats part 1.

part 2, my 08 f350's grille has the chrome flaking off, so i take it in to have it warrenteed. took over an hour to have them look at it even though they told me it would only be a few minutes. they get the ok and called me when the part was in. made an appointment for the next day 8am. show up 8am, guy looks at me like ive got something on my face, starts to give me attitude that they can squeeze me in. i was like, no, i have an appointment. he snaps back, WELL ITS NOT WRITTEN DOWN.. how long can you leave it??.... i was like, i was told it wouldnt take long at all and im waiting. barks at me that it might take quite a while... im like, its only a grille, about 5 clips a few inserts.. im thinking 20 minutes. well they finally get it done, im pissed at how they give me attitude for they mistake, oh yeah, the other guy says he forgot to write it in.

part 3. when i shut my truck off to get the grille done, hear my turbo making crazy noises like its done since it was new. tell them about it. tech hears it. make appointment for today, 8am to have it checked for computer upgrades. said it wont take long at all. at 3pm, havent even looked at it yet. they take it out at 3:30 and say they couldnt hear anything. im like already heard it. i pick the truck and said as long as you document the tech heard the noise.... they didnt even though they assured me they did. they stapled the reciept to the key tag so i didnt open it then. then, they didnt even check for the upgrades!!! while im there, im told i gave an attitude the day before when i had my grille done and unless i smile for now on, im no longer aloud to bring my brand new truck their to have warrentee work done. i get into it with the service manager who said this to me. im was like, Sal, i stopped coming hear years ago when you screwed me. he was like, i dont know what happened then... but lets start fresh. i said give me $400 and ill start fresh. i said you want me to forget??? i told him the story and said you never even appologized. he finally did.

i know this is long but i cant believe it. i didnt do anything wrong, i mearly pointed out they were making mistakes, not me and they freaked. i said i wouldnt buy another ford after my F550 fuel tank de-laminated and cost $3200 to fix and ford wanted nothing to do with me... and then i buy the 08. should i say its my own fault???
  2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Find another dealer- Spend your money else where- there are alot of fords dealers that would like your service money.
  3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have a local ford dealer that we deal with for our lincolns & ford we own. And the first time we went in for warrenty work they tryed to charge for parts i didnt need and then tried to charge for the warrenty work. Well i calmly said i know i introduced myself when we first met Mr. Service righter but let me introduce myself to you again Hello Im the MOTHER F#$% your going to be dealing with from now and your not going to like me but your going to respect me. So heres how its going to be!!! I aint paying for the parts you said i needed because you throu away the old parts after i requested to see them so that i could look at them myself to make sure they were nessary. By law they have to show you the parts if you requet them. If they throw them away well you dont have to pay for them.
    (Little inside knowledge I use to be a mechanic before i started my lawn biz)
    (Im making this story short) so needless to say after i was throu with them everything was free the rental car = they paid for the gass in the rental and i even got 2free details for the lincolns and even filled up the gas tank for free. they were so concerned with the way that i was treated that they offered me 10% off all of my next visits + free car washes w/any service.. So my advice to you is next time you go back in their start out by letting them know your the boss!!!! and dont take no crap!
  4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

you sound way too nice! I REALLY wouldnt have been aloud in there again if they gave me shitt like that
  5. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

Sounds like its time to buy another silverado. My '06 just had to have both taillights replaced under warrenty. No visable damage just fell out, no problem just pull it in sir and we will have it out to you right away, got to love Chevy's.
  6. scottm1

scottm1 LawnSite Member
    from Mo

Sounds like the typical dealer to me!!!!!!!!! I could go into the same type of story, but you already have explained the typical dealer.
  7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Only thing I see that maybe bothered them was when they said bring it in @ 8am. It doesn't mean that they are going to look at it then, just means bring it in and they will get to it when they have time. I would never expect my dealer to look at my truck at 8 just because he's told me to bring it in then. Or maybe you should just smile more:laugh:
  8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

The taillights just fell to love chevy's!! LOL
  9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

All dealers are tighting up big time. Ford has had my 550 for over a month now. Isuzu is looking better all the time and I have 8 Fords sitting here. I told them piss me off and everyone of them will be traded in with in a week. These are the reasons people are buying other brands, instead of fords , gms, and dodges!
  10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

My buddy works at a Ford dealership, he services my F150, I won't let anyone else touch it. I pay for the service like everyone else, but I always request my buddy. Seems like if you don't have any connection with anyone, you get screwed over tough. I'd tell them to pound sand or go find another dealer, that's ridiculous. I would have gone off on them if they acted that way to me, I'm currently working in a restaurant for a little while longer and I'm always curteous to the a-holes who order us around that place and leave no tip. It's funny to think these guys who are charging $100 an hour and the service writers makes a good chunk of change, don't let them fool you, are treating their customers like crap. Hilarious actually, I would have gone absolutely irate and demanded to see a service manager for some guys attitude like that.