Smithsonian Institute Soil Science Exhibit

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Tim Wilson, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

A little note to inform you that an exhibit regarding soil science has opened at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington DC. The exhibit is called ‘Dig It! The Secrets of The Soil’. It will be running through to January, 2010 and will be following a national tour yet to be scheduled.

I have been honored to have some of my microscopy work used in the creation of this exhibit. Anyone out DC way check it out. For information http://forces.si.edu/soils

Salutations,
    Tim

2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

That's awesome Tim! Congrats!

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll be down there tomorrow meeting with the national park service and the architect of the capitol, I'll have to walk right by it so I'll check it out for sure

Awesome honor Tim, how many folks do you know that are EXHIBITING in the Smithsonean, small group I'll bet
    :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

One now...

While your there get some pics of the turf project for us.

5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the reminder, I hear it is the panel that everyone is playing on because its so nice, so it is getting much more use than the others

6. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

wow, Tim, we just read the article last evening, I will have to save it for an autograph.

congratulations, and great job!! I hope it helps make people aware of our environment, wonderful, glad that your work is getting the much deserved exposure and praise.

7. DeepGreenLawn

I guess that is answers the question right there. Now if we can just get the word out to everyone about this test. They are going to write an "article" I guess about this? I would love to be able to have something with pictures that I could post on my website and possibly put a link to in my newsletters I plan on incorporating into my business soon.

8. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, What an honor, can't say enough, so proud that folks like you are working to try and set things right, makes me wanna get up and trudge on, inspite of all the chemical crap!! Please, continue your participation and updates here, you don't realize the value you contribute untill you are recognized by such a prestigious institution!!!! Go Forth And (Hopefully) Multiply (Exponentially, My Hope) C'ya on the Green Field of Bio-Diversity (that should be a basic requirement of early learning) K

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Nice feather. :clapping:

10. DeepGreenLawn

Hey Bill, any pics from the mall?