1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

smoke stacks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Mar 24, 2007.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have a gmc 2500 its gas not diesel wondering if anyone has put stacks on a gas truck like the looks of them. wondering what you guess think and any pics of them.

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i've seen them on gassers before and don't like them personally...actually the only trucks i think should have stacks on them is big trucks and high-powered diesel trucks (pulling trucks) anything else i think its a waste of bed space...but as for gas trucks i think you would like duals out the back a lot more then 2 smoke stacks that will never blow smoke

3. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

yeh i didnt think about the bed thing and right now i have 3" true duals off the back with 4"tips. and do like those

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

bed space is big for us, we haul a lot of hay so the more space the better...but i will tell you, the best looking gas truck i've seen with stacks is a guy around here has a 1980-something ford F150 step side bed..he has the stacks coming up behind the cab but on the outside of the bed itself in the little notch there is...its a red truck with bright chrome stacks, looks pretty sweet

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

my friend has them on his powerstroke, id never consider them. to me it wouldnt be professional. i couldnt image plowing at 3 am with loud exaughst. most all around here are young kids with them and they look stupid.

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

totally agree.

7. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

read an older post of mine:laugh:

if they're done right, i do like them on a diesel...but i wont put them on for a truck used for work. ..unless it was a medium duty dump truck, but that's different. i don't like them for gassers, but that's just my opinion.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. It's sorta like a brush guard on a lowered or 2wd pickup, it's just wrong.