Smoking while mowing?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drsogr, Jul 25, 2004.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Smoking while mowing? I saw a guy today smoking a pipe while mowing! In todays world, you look very unprofessionable smoking in front of a customer. Heck, I hate even smelling a salesperson that smokes. What do you guys think?

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks unprofessional!!! Almost as bad as the guys you see without shirts on.

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, I see it around here, usually the less than pro types of mowing service if you know what I mean, looks bad.

Seen cig. butts on lawns from these guys, shocking! But hey, if they are cheap enough, the cheap client doesn't care!

4. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Guilty as charged.

However, now I'm working solo...if I had crews, there's a lotta things I do that I wouldn't want them doing.

Hypocrisy?

Guilty as charged.

:)

5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

cant stand it. gives us a bad image.

6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, Cig. butts on the lawn? I would have a real problem with that if I was the Customer. Nothing like leaving trash behind for someone that pays you to clean their yard up. This how the mowing industry gets a bad rap.

7. Tonyr

My exact point....smoking is bad enough, but leaving butts etc is discusting, but like I said there seems to be a market for these grubs as long as they are ultra cheap, I guess their arguement is that next cut they suck the butts up...and one or 2 ain't really going to make a difference...

a lot of people don't care as long as the grass is cut, these types deserve these grub mower services.

Landscapers are the worse....rubbish everywhere blown into the fences etc, those guys CAN be shockers with trash control, they think the mowing service is there to clean after them!

8. while their token and smoking ...maybe if the morons catch on fire or catch the mower on fire and blow their idiot self up ......they might learn a lesson .....smoke smoke smoke and whe you smoke your self to death ..tell saint peter at the golden gate ......i just gotta wait ..i gotta have another ....cigaretteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........

ANYBODY WHO SMOKES ANYTIME ARE IDIOTS BUT WHILE RUNNING MOWERS AND POWER EQUIPMENT DOUBLE IDIOTS

9. Tonyr

Consider a weed "smoked" after it goes under my Toro Z588E's Turbo Force Deck running Raptor Blades! LOL!

A point there Odin....what about safety with feuls, burning the mower seat, hot ash drops through your lap and you jump trying to flick it away and you crash a 10 K ZTR....can happen...

10. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Damn, I'm feeling a little embarassed here. Not like I'm raping kids or anything...

Man...err...anyone got a smoke?