Smooth wall corrugated

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by moreira85, Aug 29, 2012.

1. moreira85

moreira85 LawnSite Member

I did use corrugated pipe. What a pain. If I had to do it again I would use PVC, much easier to level. The only issue I'm having is getting the end of the pipe back to the surface because the end of is it is still under ground. In order to expose it it would have to pitch up which i don't want to do.
    I have a couple options. The pipe runs 200 ft away from the house into the woods. I could either end the pipe in a 3 ft hole filled with gravel or stop the pipe at 150 ft and fill the other 50 ft of trench with landscape fabric and gravel and just let the water find its way down the trench.
    Any suggestions?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I agree.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cgaengineer

They make a flapper for the ends that sits flush with lawn/soil...all you need is a 90 at the end.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. moreira85

I'm in the northeast. Wouldn't that freeze?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

6. moreira85

I was able to daylight the end of the pipe. It runs 180ft from the house into the entry of the woods. Should I put anything on the end of the pipe? My concern is because it's near the woods critters, snakes or chipmunks will try and crawl in.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I like to use a catch basin box to daylight drains. I will drill a hole in the bottom of the box and put gravel under it so it doesn't have standing water in it.

8. moreira85

I was just gomma let the pipe lay on the ground and use a pipe grate over the end of the pipe. If I use a catch basin how will the water get out? Wouldn't it have to low up through the vent?

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Goes out the top if there is enough slope on the drain. Makes for a neat install and keeps the critters out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cgaengineer

Posted via Mobile Device