Smoothest Weed eater?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Grass, Mar 16, 2005.

1. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I am a musician, so worry about potential nerve damage in fingers from constant vibration, so, for those of you that have A Bd a lot of eaters with the vibration factor in mind, which one have you found to be the smoothest on the hands?

2. MCJ1974

MCJ1974 LawnSite Member

THE TBC-2501 OR TBC-340 ARE THE BEST OUT THERE.

3. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

Over the years I have used a lot of the different string trimmers. The only time I have ever experienced a noticeable vibration was when the line length was uneven. When I choose a trimmer I have always paid attention to the weight. I pick the lesser horsepower because I prefer the lower weight. I am currently using Redmax.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I too am currently using Redmax(BCZ2600S), and it seems to be very smooth and quiet.

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

If you are worried about damaging nerves in your hands or getting carpal tunnel syndrome, this is not a good business to get into. All power equipment is going to vibrate and if you have a propensity to develop CTS or other repititive stress injuries, then you will probably get it regardless of the brand of trimmer you're using.

That being said, stay away from the homeowner stuff, it's not as smooth.

BTW, Are you using a WB with pistol grips?

6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Hell no! Hustler H bar now, and had 2 toro belts with T bar, no carpal here!

7. Lawnwarrior

Lawnwarrior LawnSite Member

I prefer Shindiawa T230 or T231.Powerful enough and smooth enough but I think any nerve damage I may have in my hands comes from playing Guitar since I was 14, not the power equipment.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer the Robin nb2056, weighs only 8.5 pounds and has the steel drive shaft.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Echo flex cable trimmers

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The Stihl 4 stroke trimmers run very smooth and quiet. They are a bit heavier than some other brand 2 strokes, but the are also very powerful.