Snake!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trevors Lawn Care, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I was doing a spring cclean up for a young gal last weekend and musta ran into 5 or more snakes. I know they are just garder snakes, and harmless as ccan be, but has anyone ever ran into dangerous snakes, or been bitting while grabing a pile of leaves or anything serious along those lines?

Just a fun question to waste time at the office job.

2. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

Man, I'm KNOWN for killing snakes.:blob2: I live in GA., so I run into them ocassionally. Whenever any of my neibors find one in there yards, they call me to come get them. If they aren't poisonus, I take them to the woods on my parents property, but if they are, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! I have family that lives in south GA., and large Rattlers are very common down there. Around here, it's mainly just Copperheads. In my life I've only seen two Rattlers in North GA.

3. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I ran over a what must have been about a 5' black snake. It was coiled up in the grass and I didn't see it until it was to late. In nearly stalled the mower. As for poisinous snakes, I have killed 5 rattlers in my own yard. The largest being almost 5 1/2 feet. Darn snake killed one of my best dogs before I shot it.

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Last year I was mowing at a local vet's house and I had my mower cranked up going around their garage. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a 5 ft snake crawling around in their open garage. They live out in the country so they keep it open and dont use it to park cars in. Anyway, a buddy of mine and I cornered it and called the vet. He laughed and said to keep it alie till he got there to paly with it! So we got it to crawl onto a piece of carpet and rolled him up in it. When the vet got to his house he unrolled the carpet, got a stick and started poking at it like a little kid. He must have palyed with it for over an hour before he killed it and hung it on his fence. Just a funny story. I run into a snake or two every now and then but I make quick work of it with my machede.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Nope I havent yet, MY therory is a good snake is a dead snake. I let a black snake slide by most times but if I see him too much then he is gonna be a dead one

6. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I HATE SNAKES. my parents are in florida right now on Spring Break, and a rattler was right curled up under the step to the motorhome. Good thing they were outside of the motorhome and found it on the way home forom the beach. I only see garder snakes around here, but still HATE em

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I see Coral snakes (deadly poisonous) on occasion here in FL , but they will usually slither away before you get to close. I ran over a Pigmy Rattle Snake with the mower about 2 months ago. Leave snakes alone and they'll do the same.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I go out of my way to run one down !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Ran over a 5' black snake once with a 36' wb and had to take a screwdriver and unwind it from around the blade. Yes, I skipped lunch that day:( Used to mow another property where I frequently saw copperheads. Carried a pistol with me on that one, but never had to use it.

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

You know how to kill a snake???

Cut it's tail off....

right behind the head:p :p :p :p