snakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webfoot, Jun 4, 2005.

1. webfoot

webfoot LawnSite Member

I got a call from a guy this morning wanting me to mow his week-end get a way thing. Its not a house but more like a big building looking over a big drop.It has a deck on the back of it that had grass grown up a little over your ankles.Anyway when I started weedeating it I ran out two snakes.I think they were cow-suckers but not sure.Anybody else ever see snakes when they are mowing?

2. Travis'lawnsn'at

Travis'lawnsn'at LawnSite Member

yep, but no bites

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

But they don't bother me, There are a lot of Pygmy Rattlesnakes, Diamondbacks, Black Racers, and Cottonmouths. Yeah they will all bite only the racer is non poisonous and thats the most common.

4. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Ive found 3 in my own backyard and none anywhere else. If I catcha glimpse of them they dont live much longer....A hoe is my weapon of choice.....I hate snakes

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What are cow-suckers? I run into snakes all the time. Don't bother me...they eat up the stupid bugs!

6. webfoot

webfoot LawnSite Member

They are black and brown a little bit.Kind of like a gator snake but longer and darker.I don't like any snake much but I usually don't try to kill these.Man they almost give me a heart attack when I walk up on them.

7. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

I havent been fond of them after this one time I was playing paintball in the woods and I squated down right next to one. And being me I shot it like 20 times and that just like pissed him off so I ran out and got shot like 30 times.

8. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Evary now and then I run across a snake. I enjoy it though, makes the day more interesting.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

dude--do you think those are the same snakes known a "nipple-yankers" in new jersey?

GEO :confused:

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Current score
    Mowers 7
    snakes 0

The only snake I like, is a dead snake.