Snakes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mpriester, Jul 8, 2013.

1. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

We've killed 26 so far this year and probably seen 40+. We try and let the Non venomous snakes go depending where we are. We kill all Water Moccasins/Cottonmouths and copperheads. We have run into all sorts this year so far- Garter snakes, Speckled King snake, coach whip, water moccasins, copperhead, andTexas rat snakes. Most of my customers do not want snakes on their properties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

In 2006, the year after Hurricane Rita, we killed 64!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KWLawnSnow

KWLawnSnow LawnSite Member

we all are open to our opinions and actions. customers I work for do not enjoy snakes whatsoever nor do I. why would I let them continue to live there? also why would I take the time to relocate them?.. no one has time for that. I maintain about 180 properties in a month.. no time to tend taking care of pests!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Because they are a part of the ecosystem and unless they are a danger to you, all they are doing is eating insects and mice.

DIE snake, DIE!!!
    It's just not rational. It's like killing baby bunnies, or something. lol

5. KWLawnSnow

Id rather see 12,000 bunnies than snakes any day!! lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I've run over baby bunnies as well, Sorry!

7. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I'd rather see 12,000 bunnies than just 1 snake. Btw, I have never even seen a single snake out here. Probably it's just the suburbs. No mice, no snakes. I hate snakes - sorry OakNut.

8. KWLawnSnow

agreed!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Ducklings are better than bunnies. Have a nice pond behind my house that is about 4 or 5 acres (I think) and there are several families of ducks with ducklings that are pretty cute. They also seem to keep away the canadian geese which is great.

10. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

might as well whack the puppies and kittens as well ... no one has time for them .... Come on, KW!