Snakes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mpriester, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I only kill the ones that can kill me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Do you use them for Gumbo???

3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

The way things are going we may have to eat snake one day.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

years ago we saw a rattle snake. someone had run over it on the road. it was as big around at if you make a big O with both of your hands. it had like 13 rattles on it. that thing was the scariest thing i've ever seen in my life. it was as big around as your arm.

5. TJW_692

TJW_692 LawnSite Member

not one, and i'm glad! i hate snakes and if i wasn't on a riding mower when i saw one i'd run haha

6. larryinalabama

Does it taste like chicken?

7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just a few garter snakes so far. Usually see a few black snakes throughout the year but none of those so far. I always let them go on about their business. The only snakes I kill are the poisonous variety.

8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I guess I'm the only one who appreciates seeing wildlife and tries to take a photo instead if killing it.
    Them buggers iz FAST though!

Reminds me of the bear we saw while camping once. We thought it was cool and mentioned it to the park ranger when we saw him.
    He said "Yeah, some lady called to tell us about it and asked if we were going to kill it!"
    He went on to say that he told her that she should be happy to have caught sight of one, as some people never get to see a bear in the wild. (and that no, they weren't going to kill it!)

LOL

9. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you OakNut, I don't like to kill much of anything. The only things that I will terminate are bees and poisonous snakes. If it's not a direct threat to me or my loved ones...live and let live.

10. larryinalabama

I live in the woods and generally don't kill muck stuff and seldom hunt. I will kill anything that gets under the house. Im trying to learn which snakes are poison, but if their around the house to me there all poison.