1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper 21" Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mytmower, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mytmower

mytmower LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Does anyone else use these or am I the only one. I have not seen these sold very much around Dallas, but after using both Toros and Hondas, these seem to last every bit as long and are very easy to work on? Anyone else like them?
  2. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the only brand of w/b mowers we use, I agree they are easy to work on.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

4. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I use a snapper 21" and have had it for 5 or 6yrs now and still running strong. Don't use it that much but it is supposed to be a heavy duty not commercial machine. I would buy another one but don't know how they would stand up against any of the others. If I used one a lot, would try one that way and see how they stand up to it, then try one of the more expensive ones, then decide after that.
  5. mytmower

mytmower LawnSite Member
    from Texas

The Snapper 21's I have, seem to be every built as reliable as my Toros ever were. I seem to have little issues every now and again, such as a cable breaking or a bearing wearing out, but most of the repairs can easily be done in the field or in 30 minutes at home. It might just be me, but they seem to be lighter than my Toros and far lighter than the Hondas, which helps prevent ruts in the yard when it is wet.
  6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 ,1 commercial and 1 std hi vac and love em both both kawi 6hp
  7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have 7 of them running this season. its all i use for leaf cleanup. yes they are easy to work on and good thing -as something is always breaking on them. 6 have wis-robin and i has a tech 2cyle engine. when leaf season is over-i put them away and get out my john deere and lawnboys. i dont cut grass with them
  8. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

That's what I use and I wouldn't want to use anything else. Mine are several years old, but continue to work well.