Snapper 21" VS Toro 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mgregm, Aug 16, 2006.

1. mgregm

mgregm LawnSite Member

Just saw a Snapper 21" commerial Recycling Ninja Mulching Mower and was wondering if it compared to the Toro 21" with a 6-hp Kawasaki engine. Both have the same motor, but i wasnt sure about the speed or the cut for mulching. I tried a search but couldnt find any thing on the new Snapper 21" Commercial Recycling Ninja Mulching Mower. The snapper has a one lever for all four wheels to raise and lower that makes me wonder if any other brands have it. If anyone has tried the Snapper let me know what you think compared to the Toro.

2. Powell_Landscape

Powell_Landscape LawnSite Member

I've never used the Toro, but you can't go wrong with the snapper. In my opinion the best drive system on any 21" hands down.

3. runningdeer

runningdeer LawnSite Member

I haven't tried the Snapper, but I love my Toro. I usually bag (homeowner request) but will begin mulching again at the end of this month. I have nothing negative to say about the Toro. It's a strong runner

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have had great luck with the snappers one pull start every time,they went with briggs a few years ago no problems we would buy again,what you want is easy starting great cut.

5. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

I love my snapper 21" too! I've never used anything else that bags as well as a snapper. I used the ninja mulching blades for the first time this year and they did a great job. - mulch into very fine pieces. They only down side of the ninja blades is that if you want to start bagging again you have to switch the blade. I Really love my snapper hi-vac over all. It gives a very nice cut!

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a hi vac deck, you should be able to bag with the ninja blade.