Snapper 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Apr 22, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever used their 21's for trimwork? Any good?

2. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

nuttin beats a honda-- especially the deal i got. haha

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I've got on I picked up last year. Worked pretty good, starts very easy and leaves a nice cut. I've got the self propelled version and it is FAST!!!

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimwork?

I use them for ALL mowing around here.

The lawns are so small (and so is my budget) that there is NO purpose for anything else.

5. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i used them for year.. my option best 21 inch mower

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Yeah,buts Honda 21"ers are too slow.

Never used a Snapper, IBGreen. Just Honda and Toro.

7. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

So far all I have is a 21" WB. It's a Cub Cadet SRC621. Had it since August 2002 and love it so far. Drive belt needs maint. though.

Still dreaming of an eXmark Turf Tracer HP 48".

Cole

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

I carry one on the trailer all the time for a trim mower. The Snapper 21'' is light, yet it is well built. It is good for the few areas the Z can't get.

9. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I have had both. I used snappers with honda engines for about 7 years. I had put a speedup pulley on them and they were fast! They did slip a lot on hills not matter what I did to the belts. I still have them as backup, but I purchased a honda hydro. I was pretty fast when I purchased. Later it slowed down. I was getting discusted, but later found the linkage had stretched and it wasn't going full speed. The governor also sometimes stretches and the engine slows down a few hundrea RPMs and this will slow the walk speed. With both of things correct it runs about as fast as I can comfortably walk crisply. I love the blade cluch. The Honda is direct drive so doesn't slip going up hills.