Snapper 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Upstate Mike, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I am looking for opinions on a 26 inch Snapper mower.How does the tranny work on wet grass? Do they hold up well? I have a 21 inch Snapper that slips when the grass gets wet and I am wondering if the 26 has the same problem.The 26 inch model seems to have all the drive enclosed so it dosnt look like it would be a problem.A 26 inch mower would be perfect for the jobs I am doing.I allready have a 48 inch Hustler that I use for front yards but those little gated back yards are killing me.The 32 or 36 would be to big so I like the size of the 26.Are there any other choices in 26 inch mowers?

Thanks
    Mike

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

www.trailmate.com has them about that size, see ad in this month's Turf Mag.
    Eric

3. Upstate Mike

They dont have any dealer near me,Thanks anyway

4. Upstate Mike

Well I called the Yazoo/kees rep and he told me they stopped making the High Wheel mowers a couple years ago.I am not to sure about the Snapper 26,It just dosnt seem like it would hold up.

5. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

There is a company called Kee (not Kees) that makes a pretty decent quality commercial hi wheel s/p mower with about a 26" deck....I think you can get one with a swivel wheel in front. They also make wheeled edgers.

6. bw

bw LawnSite Member

:blob3: I have one, it's my primary mower,(I only have 9 yards)works great, I put a mulch kit on it this year, I'm not sure how I like it yet. Sure I wanna get a big 42" exmark someday, but I don't have the money just yet, and this one works pretty damn good for the money, I payed 650.00 for it, (used)I think their around 1000.00 new, that does seem kinda high for what it is though..:blob4: