Snapper 42" commercial walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ARdeerhunter, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARdeerhunter

ARdeerhunter LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a Snapper 42" commercial walk behind mower. It is belt driven and has a 14 HP Kawasaki on it. It has been keep out of the weather and it in immaculate condition. The deck has some rust and dings on it from normal use but the mower starts every time and runs smoothly. The only catch is that the mower is a '94 model. You could not tell by looking at it. It seriously doesn't look any different than a 2 or 3 year old mower. My question is what would you pay for a mower like this? The guy who has it is the original owner and has taken excellent care of it. I would say that the mower was lightly used and has maybe 150-200 hours on it....maybe...if that!

I can get it for $900. Good deal????????

Thanks for any advice,
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sounds like a good price if it is in the condition that you say it is in.
  3. ARdeerhunter

ARdeerhunter LawnSite Member

This guy has religiously kept stabil in the gas tank, the tread on the tires are still good, and the blade belts have been replaced. The drive belts look like they are in good condition as well. No cracks or anything like that.

It is just hard to put $900 down on a 13 year old mower.
  4. mowpart rep3

mowpart rep3 LawnSite Member

we sell alot of used mowers, this seems like a fair deal. i have a 15hp 48" scag its a 99 model and is in fair condition we are selling it for $1500 maybe this will help
  5. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Make him an offer of $750 and go to 800 if you need to. It sounds like a pretty good deal and you can't do much better than a Kawi engine. We have a 1997 I think, 32" Snapper Pro with a 9 HP Kawi and it starts very easy.