1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

snapper 48" walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cowboytim, Mar 25, 2008.

1. cowboytim

cowboytim LawnSite Member
    from MN

Anybody use them are they any good. Getting two in a deal and do not now anything about them
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

My uncle has one, and I've used and, and I like it, the big problem with it was the choke, it would stick, and flood out, and it wasn't good, it wouldn't start, but he got it taken care of. It needed a whole new choke system I think. But other then that, it runs good.
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont run a 48" but i do run a snapper 36" and i like it
  4. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Blame the engine, not the mower.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a Snapper 48" Hydro Pro a couple of years ago. It was a great mower. No problems.
  6. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

u had a 48 wb ran great sold it at about 2500hours still running well! i love the over head handle brakes
  7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I have on, and if I ever came across another one at a good price, I'd it up! It made me about 3x what I paid for it so far. It seems to be an extremely durable piece of equipment. One of the Hydros is going out on me, but I will fix that and use it. Depending on how many jobs I pick up, it will either be a part of my fleet, or a backup. If you have any other questions, just ask.