Snapper and all hydro walk behind Mower controls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wyllner's L & Landscaping, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Wyllner's L & Landscaping

Wyllner's L & Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am not to familiar with Hydro walk behinds controls. Does the Snapper hydro walk behind with the loop handles or any other hydro walk behind work like the Exmark ECS controls? Meaning when you pull the handles back it goes backwards and when you let them out it goes forwards, and in the middle Neutral? Or does it work like a gear drive where when you pull back it stops.
    Also any thoughts on the snapper hydro walk behinds. They look nice.
    Thanks
    Tom:usflag:

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The snapper hydro has a lock device for neutral. Once you take it out of neutral the unit is spring loaded to go forward. You have to control how fast you want to go with the loops holding back if you don't want to go wide open. It has a control device for loops to set against to run a certain speed. To go back you pull back on the loop past the neutral position into the reverse. Dont know about other units but this on works pretty well.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The Toro T2 is very similar to the Snapper, push forward and it goes forward, pull back and it goes back, middle is neutral. No gears, the farther you push the faster it goes.

4. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the mower and the Comfort Loop controls being talked about here...

Snapper hydro.jpg

Snapper Comfort Loop.jpg

5. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

i run a snapper pro machine with the comfort loop handles and they work just like the ECS just in a different shape. They work good no question about it, but they are not as comfortable as the ECS by any means. My hands get really sore by the end of the day running these, but they are still wayyyyy better than pistol controls.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No pushing forward on Snapper it is spring loaded and if you don't hold it back it will go wide open. They have a stop to let it sit against when you get to the correct speed. To go back wards you pull back.