Snapper and fast cut and briggs / stratton

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by vjaj, Jun 10, 2004.

1. vjaj

vjaj LawnSite Member

Snapper fast cut is one of best residential z out there,it has wheel motors and others don't (residentials) like Hustler,Dixon,etc. By the way briggs and stratton has purchased Simplicity(who own's snapper and ferris.)

2. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

That's not very good news for Simplicity (or Snapper and Ferris). The Vanguard is the only B&S engine I'd consider.

3. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Alright vjaj - what gives. I bought a Hustler because it is a brand that I beleive in but I do not give testimonials on it daily. Are you a dealer or something? Do you actually own one of these things because I would like to see a picture of it as part of a post. Are you getting paid by Snapper? It is starting to get a little long in the tooth with the "Snapper fast cut is one of the best residential Z's out there" on a daily basis. Have you tried other mowers, I mean actually driven them on your lawn. Can you give details as to why the Snapper is better than the Hustler Fast track, a Lazer, a Gravely, etc? Give me the datails as to who makes the wheel motors, what commercial units you see the wheel motors on, why they are better, etc. I bought a Hustler Z, 25 hp Kawasaki with a 60" deck. It may have cost more but it will eat the Snapper for breakfast and spit it out at lunch. Sorry, I am a little cranky right now but enough is enough. If you want to help people give them hard facts and advice like get a demo and try it on your lawn with the other mowers you are considering. Help me understand why Briggs is better because from alot of posts on here that does not sem to be the case.

4. vjaj

vjaj LawnSite Member

"I" like the Snapper fastcut,for me it is right. I tried fasttrac,Exmark,Dixon ram,Toro . All of them don't have wheel motors,Snapper does. "I" bought the Snapper for "me" it is the best for the money,"I" think. I'm a homeowner looking at quality for the money,I chose Snapper,that's all. Sorry I stepped on your Hustler feelings. Good mowing, VJAJ

5. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

vjaj - you did not step on my Hustler feelings. There are a lot of good commercial mowers out there - Exmark, Gravely, etc. that I would have purchased. For one reason or another (usually price) I narrowed my choice down to Hustler. I would have been just as happy, and maybe happier, on an Exmark or a Gravely. The point I was trying to make is that a thread that declares one brand the best with no supporting detail or other good advice is useless. It is like those threads where someone has narrowed their choices down to a couple of mowers like Grasshopper and Gravely but someone jumps in and replies with a thread that says buy an Exmark with no explanation as to why. If they are not going to give any supporting details, besides I like the color red, their reply is useless. If you have done all of the research share it - their are a lot of homeowners who make it to this site and need help choosing a quality home owner zero turn. Instead of saying I tried Dixon tell us why the Snapper beat the Dixon in your mind? Was it a better cut? Does one have a heavy fabricated deck while the other has a light stamped deck? How are the deck spindles? What type of motor is on it and is that a good motor over the others? What horse power should you run? Has it been good on hills? Are the mulching, bagging, etc. options on one brand better than another? What exactly do the separate wheel motors do that is better than the single unit? etc., etc. That type of information would be helpful.

You may be right - the Snapper Fast Cut may be the best residential mower out there - I don't know. But I would appreciate getting some hard facts so that I could share them with my friends. In the end of your thread you said "good mowing". I always have fun mowing on my Z. The hardest part is keeping the smile off of my face while I am doing in so that my wife still thinks it is a crappy chore. Don't want to let her know I actually look forward to cutting the lawn now!!

6. dondinct

dondinct LawnSite Member
    from CT

JHE... Very good reply... I'm like you.. I want the facts and supporting reasons... Opinions on here area a dime a dozen.