Snapper Commerical Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenandClean, May 12, 2007.

1. GreenandClean

GreenandClean LawnSite Member

Does anybody know anything about Snapper commercial mowers?

2. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know much about how they differ .. but i use a snapper 48" walkbehind as my main mower. kohler 14hp. works great.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Their 2500 and 3500 series ZTR's are pretty nice, and so are the walkbehinds.

4. David C.

David C. LawnSite Member

I'd put my 3500 beside any Exmark any day.

5. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

My dealer sells them, he tried to sell me a 61 with a 30 HP kohler nice machine with big wheels and nice king size command chair stock but one talk with the mechanics and it is no Hustler but a nice mower anyhow.`According to the mechanics they have quirky safety switch issues? The deck and frame was not as tough as Hustler. This was there top of the line ZTR!

6. Envy Lawn Service

My Hustler dealer has them too.

I looked at them really really hard back before Cub pirated their name for the new series of Snapper commercial mowers. They called it the ZForce then I think. And I have kept an eye on them since.

Anyways, they don't "LOOK" like too bad of a machine really.
    They were one of the first to have an all 7 guage deck.
    Back when practically everyone was using 10 guage, adding a 7 guage trim skirt and calling it 7 guage.

Anyways, the deck is plenty strong, and is of the "open-front" design that a lot of guys prefer... and it has the field servicable spindle setup.

As for the frame, it looks fine. It might not be quite as beefy as the Hustler in some places though. I never really paid it that much attention to remember. I do know that Hustler uses 2x3 rails out front with internal gussets. So that might be a better spec. Not sure though, as I just do not remember.

The hydro system on the Snapper though... did you look at it?
    It's one of the nicest, most common-sense designs I've seen on the market.

I think they'd be worth a demo if someone is looking at them.

7. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

Want another one?

8. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

I demoed it and it was a good mower but after using the Hustler you start to realize the way the mower is designed so clean they do not rattle and are just smoother. I demoed lots of machines and they all seemed like rattle traps compared to my super that was a Demo model it had 120 hours on it and it was tighter and quieter than the snapper that was new. Alot of stuff on the Snapper was tinny in comparison so I passed but it is a nice mower with bigger wheels and a better captain Kirk command chair!

9. Envy Lawn Service

I can't say one way or the other.
    I never made myself demo one.

Back then I was still guilty of a stupid thought process.
    I was afraid of the price on them at that time.
    The prices were EXTREMELY good, but I didn't know why at the time.

I mean they were really good. I want to say I was quoted like $4,800 for the 48", $5,200 for the 52" and $6,100 for the 61". I'm almost positive that's what the numbers were.

At the time, I figured I'd do better by demoing and purchasing a more expensive mower.

In hindsight, I couldn't have done worse.

For what I ended up paying for a 48" I could have bought a 61" Snapper and had plenty of coin left over.

Turns out I would find out later that the pricing was so good because the dealer made a bulk warehouse purchase and paid outright for them. So he got a great deal on them himself, but also got to the point where he needed to move them to free up warehouse space.

In hindsight, I wish I had considered them seriously and taken out a demo.

10. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

are u joking to point out that u dont like em, or do u actually have one for sale... or both lol