1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Fast Cut XL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by james mcdonald, Apr 21, 2005.

1. james mcdonald

james mcdonald LawnSite Member

Anybody have experience with the relatively new Snapper Fast Cut XL? It has separate pumps and wheel motors, fans on the pumps, 21 hp vanguard briggs engine, and a 48 inch 7 gauge fabricated deck. I drove it and it handles very well. Not sure of the cut or reliability though.
  2. MisterLandscape

MisterLandscape LawnSite Member

They have the same machine available with a 19hp kawasaki on it too...its a CZT1948 www.snapperpro.com

I really like the Vanguard though and have sold several to commercial mowing contractors and heavy home-ower users. Its a great machine--bulletproof, no problems.

Also, even though its new, the engine, blade clutch, pump and wheel motors, even the tires are exactly the same as everyone else's on the market...(scag, exmark, gravely whatever) so you dont have to worry about reliability. And, if you can demo one with the Ninja Mulch kit on it---wow---better cut than an exmark IMO!!!! Also, if you get the one with the Kawi engine then you can get 24 months no payment no interest if your credit is ok.

We sell the 21/48 Vanguard for 4999.99 and the 19/48 Kawi for 5499.99. (each dealer will set their own price)

The only confusing part is any Snapper dealer can sell you the Briggs model because its in the regular snapper products line-up, to get the Kawi model it has to be a Snapper Pro dealer which is the commercial division--same mower, different engine Kawi instead of Briggs but a regular snapper dealer can't sell you the Kawi only the Pro dealer.

Goodluck and happy mowing.
  3. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Dealer and parts support are a mojor issue in my area as there are very few decent Snapper dealers around anymore....especially commercial dealers!
  4. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder how well it performs being operated with a joy stick? I bet thats nice ...you can drink your coffee while you mow.
  5. MisterLandscape

The joystick actually rocks (not available on the 48" but is on the 52" and 60".

Some people hate it and if you have used twin sticks forever you might find it odd at 1st. But, there are huge advantages to the joystick especially if you have inexperienced operators using the equipment (less chance of turfing while turning--the machines linkages help to use the right amount of left and right wheel movement) Also, we notice that younger people that have played alot of video games take to the joystick really fast. Alot of women prefer it too (my wife will jump on the ZTRs in out store without complaning but she hates twin sticks)

The joystick is great for commercial mowing too (like apartments ect) you can mow and operate an e-z reach trash pick up wand from the seat at the same time because you have a free hand.

Also, I find rather than drinking coffee beer is the perfered beverage (not while workign commercially but I've got a big back yard and I mow it with my personal 52" joystick Snapper Pro)

P.S. In FLorida you can get a DUI on a lawn mower so becareful (my brother is a public defender and actually has had a case where a guy got a DUI on a crapsman...i mean craftsman mower)

and.....your profile says Mcdnnough, GA...you dont havppen to work for Snapper do you??

Oh and just to throw this in, one of my salesman here in my dealership got a Snapper Pro turtle tatoo on his ankle...makes an inertesting sales pitch...and great fun on april fools days when i jokinly led him to believe we wern't goign to carry snapper anymore lots of fun..... :)

anyway cheers....steve
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't seen any that look like the ones on the pro site. But I have posted a picture on here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=38229 of the ones I have seen. They WERE called Z Force mowers I think. I have eyeballed one like is in the picture, and I was very impressed. Are these the same? I would also like to learn more about the ninja mulching system. I'm a dedicated mulcher...

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Snapper has a commercial line and a less commercial line.
    The one in the picture is the commercial one.I just purchased one a 52 inch with a 21hp Kawasaki.
    The cut is on par with most I have compared too.If you side discharge it will almost clean cut over grown yards at 3/4 speed.The bagging system works well and I will start mulching next week so I will let you Know on that.
    The Hyd are a little touchy compared to an Exmarks ,but It rides alot better than most Z turns.
  8. MisterLandscape

>>>The Hyd are a little touchy compared to an Exmarks ,but It rides alot better than most Z turns.<<<

The hydros will break in and get very smooth at about 100-150ish hours. Like you said they are pretty good now, better than most, but after a few hours they really smooth out alot more.

Happy Mowing
  9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

What makes them ride better?