1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Fastback opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RonB, Aug 15, 2005.

1. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I seen one at a dealer new for $4700 with 48/19hp. And they have 12 mo same as cash. Interesting to me but anyone using them?

2. toddnks

toddnks LawnSite Member

The above is the list price From the snapper website.

The xl has a fabricated deck and the front casters are capped with steel instead of rubber. It looks like a good machine. My brother-in-law has a 20hp/50" machine which is lighter built than the xl, he has 300 hours on it, and it has worked well for him. The biggest thing that I noticed was that the deck didn't float much at all, and ends up scalping every so often. This is mainly due to how rough his yard is.

I hope this helped.

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I have the Snapper Pro Fastback in 21hp Kaw w/52" cut. It's a 2004 twin stick model and I love the machine. 7 gauge steel all throughout, frame, deck, whatever. Only thing not 7 gauge that I can find is the engine guard, I suspect that to be about 10 or so. Best way to determine if the mower is good for you is to demo it. I demo'd Exmark, Hustler, Dixie Chopper, JD, & Snapper...kept going back to the Snapper and glad I did.

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I looked at one the other day and they seem to be well built units and priced pretty reasonable too.
  5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

They seem to be behind the times on design. Plus less than 20hp on a 48'' deck? Come on, I got a 19hp/44'' combination on my toro and I always run into thick grass and wish I had more hp. At least spend more money on a bigger engine if you go with a 48'' deck.