snapper fastback vs examark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bittner19, May 1, 2004.

1. bittner19

bittner19 LawnSite Member

i am looking for a new mower for my business. I have picked up several large accounts that have some hills. I currently use a 52" surfer and a 2000 snapper hydro with a 61" deck. I need something faster like the surfer. I was looking at either getting the snapper fastback, another surfer or the lazer z from exmark. I need something that is fast and good on hills. I was leaning more towards the fastback but I wanted to see if anybody had first hand experience. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

2. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I have a 60" Exmark Lazer and it doesn't do very well on steep hills. It's ok when dry but I slid down about a 6' ditchbank wet once and stuffed it in the ditch. I was going horizontal to the ditch and it started sliding. There was no stopping it. I still like my Exmark though. I don't have many hills. It may have been operator error.

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler is making a lot of noise about its Super ATZ being tough to break loose on an incline, but I suspect its a pricey machine. It's also a bit longer and wider than a comparable Z, but it'd be tough to obtain all that stability with a standard frame if you can't tweak gravity as you go.

This URL has Hustler's product description.

http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/products/superatz.html#