1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

snapper fastback ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by themowingguy, Mar 12, 2004.

1. themowingguy

themowingguy LawnSite Member

have been looking and pricing ztr's for several weeks.finally decided on snapper's new fastback.seems like they have built a really solid mower.i only mow about 20 yards every two weeks any where from 1/4 to 3 acres in sixe.do you think this mower should suit my needs have been using a john deere sabre for the last 5 years but decided time to get serious and quit playing around.i bought the 52 inch with a 21 horse kawasaki.seems everything is laid out and easy to service and maintain.any thoughts or opinions?
  2. robin 2

robin 2 LawnSite Member

Are asking how much you can mow in an hour? One of my 52" snappers old version ZTR can do two acres in and hour. Your mower will be faster so you will easily be able to do more than that in an hour.
  3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper is owned by Simplicity who also owns Ferris...

Snapper hasn't been a player in the commercial market for several years in my area mainly because the machines are average and the Snapper dealers are clueless.

Parts have been an issue as well.

Stick to a big name brand; Scag, ExMark, Great Dane, John Deere....