Snapper for first commercial mower???(HELP!)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ivyslawncare, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

What do you guys think. This is my first commercial mower and i am on a very tight budget. I found this add on craigslist about an hour away from me.........

snapper pro express mower - $900
    Snapper Pro Express commercial walk behind mower. Was bought from a local lawn service last summer. New engine installed ($1050.00) new pto installed ($235.00). Unit has roughly 20 hours on it since replaced engine and pto. Mower is 48". engine is 15 hp Kohler. Comes with a stand on pull cart for driver to ride on.. Runs and operates exceptionally well.. Delivery available within 25 miles
    3n53m53lc5Y35V35X3b474fc89d13cccf196d.jpg

3n53m53lc5Y35V35X3b474fc89d13cccf196d.jpg

2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I really like the snapper walk behind been using them for 15 years had one with over 5000 hrs. What is the engine model #.

3. ivyslawncare

im not really sure what it is. that is all the ad said and i havent had time to go check it out. but overall how do you like your mower? Does it cut good? And is 900 a good price for it? If not what should i talk him down to? thanks for your imput!

4. RGM

Male, from Baltimore Md

It really depends on the engine model # Kawasaki makes residential engines too

5. ivyslawncare

well the engine on this is a 15hp kohler thats all i know. what does the engine model number tell you?

6. RGM

Male, from Baltimore Md

kohler makes home owner engines also is it a kohler command that's a good engine

7. ivyslawncare

Ok thanks i will shoot him an email with these questions. If it is a kohler and not a kohler command is that still ok?

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

It has a commercial Kohler engine, not one of the cheap Kohler Courage engines. I can tell from the photos. Should be a good mower for you.

9. ivyslawncare

Do you have any idea of the year of the mower?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Sorry, I do not know much about the snapper mower models, or when they were built.
    I do know, that if it is from back in the early to mid 90's, it would have been built by Kees, in Beatrice Nebraska. They built the Snapper walkbehinds for many years. In fact, Snapper bought Kees, then later sold the company back to the original owners. They were very good mowers back then.
    I would call the snapper factory and give then the S/N. I bet they can tell you the age.