snapper gt 18 hydro trans

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by olyman, Nov 20, 2006.

1. olyman

olyman LawnSite Gold Member

restorob--ever figure out anything about whether to draw hyd pressure off this type of hydro---?????

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

what make and model of pumps do you have? are you wanting to run auxiliary hydraulics? if your pump has a charge pump sometines you can capture power there. if not, you may be able to add a small piggy back pump to it depending on the style of pumps.

3. olyman

k--this has a in one unit hydro--pulley of front for power--all the rest enclosed--simplicity has a like unit--with hydro lines off it--?????? wondering what kind of pressure this unit produces--and if some can be pulled off----even if have to use hydraulics setting still------

4. khouse

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

With the numbers off the other poster's unit, It was found to be a Eaton trans-axle and had no aux. hook-up.

6. olyman

restorob--that sucks--now have to figure out something diff---:) :) thanks,oly

7. khouse

what are you trying to operate? maybe a 12 volt linear actuator can do the job?

8. olyman

thats true k--but didnt want to add a "lump" to the tractor:) soooo--back to drawing board--

9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with khouse as to what is it you are wanting to do, Lift attachments ?

10. olyman

resto--yup--the other series of this tractor--was one made by massey--a 1650--single cyl kohler 16--cast iron rear axle--and live hyd--wanted to change mine over to that--as those tractors are hard to find--but not the implements--me thinks they blew the single cyls from hard use---18 mag kohlers would have been a much better choice--and one i read about did just that!!!--soooooooooooooooooooo