Snapper guys, good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Grady1, May 6, 2013.

1. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

Pro S150xt, holdover from last fall, 0.0 hrs, 28 hp Briggs Cyclone. $5999.00? Grady

2. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably a decent deal, but I'm not a fan of the Briggs unless it's a Vanguard.

3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Great deal. I have a 52 and i paid 6500 if memory serves me right
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

I was hoping someone would say that. :) 52" and 2 full tanks of gas, can't beat that. What a machine this thing is and to think I almost spent that much for one of the new Kubota's. Grady

5. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

Let us know what you think of it. I almost bought a 52" with Kawasaki FX for $6500 last fall...unfortunately I waited too long and let get away before I got i.

6. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

1.2 Acres in roughly 45 minutes and that's with sliding a front tire into the ditch and having to get the ATV to pull it out :laughing:

7. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

Good to know. Looking forward to cutting my mowing time down.

8. Nate'sLawnCare

I have an S75X with the 52 inch ICD deck and it cuts like a dream. It doesn't care if it's weeds, bermuda, fescue, whatever, the cut is excellent. You will definitely enjoy the cut with the S150XT. Post a review after you get some experience with it.

9. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

Just wanted to add a couple month update. This machine is.....WOW, that's all I can say is wow. I think I smile every time I use it. I have 15 hrs on it now and the sticks are still so tight. I just had one small issue with the belt, that the dealer took care of. I added some conveyer belt to the stripping kit because the factory one is pretty much worthless when you cut at 3 3/4".

Pros: The cut is 2nd to none and I've operated quite a few brands. It is built rock solid. The Briggs is more than enough power.

Cons: At times the ride is like riding in a Conestoga wagon. I've lost a couple of fillings and ruptured a kidney. :laugh:

Grady

10. Nate'sLawnCare

Thanks for the update. I may be trading in my S75X for a 61 inch S200XT with the big block since we are picking up more large properties.