Snapper Hi-Wheel mower 26"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gotgreen?, Apr 5, 2005.

1. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

Does anyone has one of this? And if you do, what is your experience? The reason for this tread is because a lot of people is talking about the new Exmark 26". Personally I'm not on the market for one, I just spend some on a new toro 21" personal pace with a Brigss ohv engine.

http://www.snapper.com/hiwheel_mower.html

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

interesting......

3. Nathan 281

Nathan 281 LawnSite Member
    from MN

I have one of these. Mine has the Robin 6hp the engine can take the extra abuse. Will not mulch not enoughf power. Will go one season, than problams The rear wheels are weak and break $50 each I re-bult mine so They will not break now. I stripped the gears in the rear end replaced those and had the axle brake 7 lawns later. axles were 100 The gears i took out of another WB. those would have been expensive. It uses the same self propelled as the smaller 21's and has trubble pulling its self up hills. Mows 20% faster than 21's and is worth it for the extra speed. If you can fit a 36 get that. So much better. I am thinking about the ex mark 26 I think that that will be the one to get. Snapper is not strong enoughf

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I have 1 with the kawsaki 7 hp, this thing is built like a tank for gated yards it will work fine.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Curious has what you paid for that toro?

6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

The snapper is also a homeowners model.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Front Casters on a Trim Mower are a Bad Idea...Rear High Wheels on a Trim Mower are a Bad Idea...Side Discharge Deck on a Trim Mower is a Bad Idea...Snapper 26" Bad Idea....Unless You want a Mini Bush-Hog.

8. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

About $560 and some including taxes. Not Bad for a home owner model that will not be getting to much use. Will be a nice companion for my exmart 36".