Snapper High-Vac. Who uses one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Radon, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Radon

Radon LawnSite Member

I have currently 15 accounts. 20 will probably be my maximun. This is a part time venture for me. I currently am using a couple of Snapper High-vac models.
    I am having no problem keeping up with my schedule. I thought that I would eventually change over to a commercial ztr, but now I'm questioning the financial sense of it. Does anyone else use these mowers, and if so how well do they hold up? I have had one for about 12 years, but I used it just for my yard.
    Thanks.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

which model? i use snappers strickly for leaf cleanups. they excelle at this but there are far better mowers for cutting grass. the biggest problem is reliability.far too many moving parts which can and will break. the ninja mulching sys only works well if you have a very strong motoe to power it. however there is nothing that can beat a snapper hi vac for leaf cleanup. it makes a tough job easy.

3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I used one for 2 years and they are just too slow for me. Bought a exmark ZTR and it is 4 times as fast. The faster you are the more clients you can have and the more $$$$ you make in that same amount of time.

4. Radon

Radon LawnSite Member

I currently have the 28 and 33" rear engine models. I considered getting a Toro or Exmark ztr, but like I stated eairlier, I plan on carrying only 20 accounts max and I am eaisily staying up with what I have.

5. gparsley

gparsley LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Lawnboy Dan, I was just about to go buy two new Snapper Commercials to replace the equipment that I had stolen over Thanksgiving. I sorta liked what I saw, but have never used a Snapper product in the past. So what's a better 21" WB in your view?

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have seen a lot of the teenage kids on here say they use the rear engine Snapper rider, and while it is a great little homeowner mower (I bought my mom one years ago), no it will not continue to hold up to cutting 20 yards a week as that is not what it was designed for.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

john deere,honda or even toro comm. models are much better mowers for general purpose mowing. snapper only good for one thing-leaf and debrie cleanup(but cannot be beat for this purpose)